I guess I've been absent from this blog for a while. I've decided to come back (for tonight, at least) to extol the praises on the Los Angeles cast of In the Heights. If I could buy a recording of the show with this cast, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I'm currently infatuated with Arielle Jacobs and Rogelio Douglas Jr, who play Nina and Benny, respectively. I did some undercover work (read: google) and discovered that they were both considered for the Broadway show, but they ended up doing the national tour while waiting for their chance to star. Lucky for people like me!
Arielle has the prettiest voice ever. It brings out an innocent version of Nina as opposed to the strong willed Nina that Mandy Gonzalez (OBC) presented. And it doesn't hurt that Arielle is super cute -- pretty betty! And is quite possibly the nicest person in the world. That last opinion is purely based on a 30 second conversation post-show when I asked for her autograph and photo.
And then there's Rogelio. My goodness, this man grows more and more on me every time I see him or watch a video clip. Mad dance skillz and a wonderfully soulful voice combine to what I can only describe as hotness.
Put both Arielle and Rogelio together as Nina and Benny, my two favorite characters in the show, and I am dying to go watch it again. Or listen. Or both. They have great chemistry on stage and I love how their voices harmonize together.
The tour comes to Sacramento during the first two weeks of November. Road trip? :)
P.S. Here's some links to watch if I haven't shared it with you already:
No comments:
Post a Comment