Thursday, February 19, 2009

como, pues, debemos vivir?

My roommate has been experiencing horrible internet connection recently. In an effort to remedy the situation, she reformatted her computer and, as goes with the territory, had the fun task of reinstalling any programs that she wanted on her desktop. Somehow, after digging out her collection of installation DVD/CDs, she unearthed this mysterious CD titled "Como, pues, debemos vivir?". (I'm not going to bother with the correct punctuation. Finding an accented "o" is too much effort for me.)

If you flip the cover over, there's a sticker with the following:
Ayuda espiritual? Llame al hno. [name] [number], o escriba a [email address] Para estudiar un curso biblico gratuito, inscribase en: http://www.anabaptists.org/spanish/lnl-sp.html#gratis
I find this amusing because a) it's for free bible course and b) it's in Spanish. How does my roommate get something like this? She's neither religious nor ethnically close to resembling anything Latina. I guess if you squinted your eyes and tilted your head...no. Not even close.

No comments: