Friday, February 13, 2009

angry frown

This post is for Amy. So she knows what Doris and I talk about:

Doris: i brought in that bacon chocolate to work
Doris: it's like any other chocolate bar in that it's got grooves for the pieces

Doris: when i eat it, i always break off a whole piece
Doris: i handed the bar to my boss, he breaks off a whole piece
Doris: two other guys wanted to try it, so i hand it to them....
Doris: and this guy breaks off a piece, but it's horizontally across two pieces!!
...
Doris: then the next guy proceeds to break off his own piece, leaving my chocolate bar a mess!
Doris: i didn't say anything, but after they left, my boss started laughing and said, "that bothered you, didn't it?"
Doris: thankfully it also bothers him, but he doesn't care since it's not his chocolate bar
me: hahah
me: did you frown?
Doris: after, yeah
Doris: i fixed it by breaking off the smaller pieces where they should have been
Doris: then i offered it to two other people
Doris: then someone else wanted to try it, and she broke it all funny, too
Doris: so now i'm just not sharing anymore

And so, if you ever come upon Doris eating a chocolate bar, don't bother asking for a piece.

EDIT (3/5/09):
(2:48:46 PM) Doris Yang: in the future, i will be breaking off pieces for people
(2:48:54 PM) Doris Yang: samplings will be of a pre-determined amount

Fair but just. I like it.

2 comments:

3D said...

I see you posted that minutes after the actual conversation. To be clear, people are welcome to ask for chocolate....just know that I like straight edges!

Yazmena said...

Hehehehe I'm catching up and this made me want to laugh out loud. But Sophie's sleeping so I had to quietly chortle. Doris would like me very much would she? She'd offer me bacon chocolate and I would just take the whole damn thing.