Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Welp. It's Christmas-time so I thought it'd be fun to mess with the blog. If it looks a little different to you nowadays, it's because a) I gave up hosting it on my site and b) the dominant color to this theme is blue! I didn't know that the headers are gold. That was an added bonus! :) Go Bruins!

For some reason, this year doesn't feel very much like Christmas. Maybe it's because so many people are out of town. Or maybe it's talk of the poor economy... Who knows, but once again, Christmas has snuck up on me. Don't worry, I have my gifts all shopped for (except for Swan who, like me, buys whatever she wants at the moment.) Yay for internet shopping.

Speaking of people who've been out of town, Moi and Joy came over to my house to rent some movies and eat yummilicious food from Paco's Tacos. Now, this cracks me up because my mom is a selective movie viewer. During the holidays, she insists that we can only watch movies with happy endings. My mother came home just in time to watch the last 30 minutes of the second movie and it was not a happy ending. If she were like Doris, there would be an angry frown on her face. By the way, I'd like to note that I refrained from naming the exact movies to avoid spoilers. Pat on the back for myself.

Funny thing happened at dinner tonight. Sadly, Joy had to go home and didn't join us. Moi, however, had the opportunity to observe my nuclear family in action. I pointed out to my parents that Moi is unable to keep a straight face. If you ever meet her, you'll be amazed that Moi can't keep from smiling 90% of the time. And 90% is an underestimate. In stark contrast, my mom can give you a look that'll make you shy away in fear. Of course, she'll only do that when she's in the mood, but she can keep a straight face pretty well. I wanted to show this off to Moi so I challenged my mom to a game of "If you'll love me, will you please, please smile". If you haven't played this game before, you look into the eyes of the player, say the phrase, and see if he/she breaks into smile. My mom managed to keep a straight face...for about 10 seconds. And then she cracked. Spewing grains of rice from her mouth. I didn't know that she was still chewing on rice in her mouth when I engaged the game with her. Oopsies. :D

Family Christmas dinner tomorrow. Maybe something more interesting will turn up. Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

3D said...

I just want to note that my angry frowns are not uncalled for.