
It was weird to see my cousin getting married. She's one of the cousins that's in my generation, part of the big group of kids that grew up together. Still, nothing really changes. Until she has kids. ^_^ I had the honor of being one of her bridesmaids on Saturday. It was a long day but it was more fun than I thought.
Highlights of the day:
* Having my little cousin come up to me and say "Shiiiiiny" and start to run her hands up my leg. She's only 7. I forgive her.
* Witnessing a marriage church ceremony run by 5 priests and 3 deacons. With that many priests, I couldn't help but wonder: Do priests ever get bored during mass? I caught a glimpse at least once of one of the fathers staring off into space.
* Observing how my cousins behave when they get drunk. And noticing that my aunts and uncles are also getting drunk. Our family gatherings don't normally have this many red faces!
* Hearing my cousin refuse to ask for the wine bottle from another table because she "can't ask for alcohol from a table full of priests and deacons!!" That hesitation was instantly nullified when the table proceeded to open the wine bottle and finish it a minute later. To be fair, there were only two priests at the table. The other 8 occupants were not sworn to God.
* Watching my dad get pulled into our circle on the dance floor. Following him was another older uncle and a priest. It's not every day I can yell out "Get it low! Get it low!" to them.


No comments:
Post a Comment