Wednesday, January 28, 2009

names for future consideration

There was a suicide attempt (success?) on the 10E freeway this morning. The driver busted a U on the freeway and collided head-on with another vehicle, resulting in a fiery mess. I'm going to assume that it will cause a major headache for anyone who's taking the 10 near Palms or the 405S since they shut down all lanes on the 10E and the 10E connector from the 405S. News like this makes me sad. We live in an f'ed up world.

Being the curious cat that I am, I researched the incident on the net and came across another article about a high speed chase yesterday. It ended with the following:
"The injured person was taken to a hospital, according to d'Lisa Davies of the Los Angeles Fire Department."
Is it bad that the I'm focused on the name? d'Lisa. Definitely a name you won't find pre-printed on a souvenir mug. I told my co-worker this and he promptly renamed me d'Christine. Has a nice ring to it? Or does it just look like I'm retarded and tried to attach my last name to my first name? I don't think I can pull it off either way.

2 comments:

3D said...

It'd make even less sense with my name!

Unknown said...

hahaha d'Oris, i like it!