Tuesday, January 20, 2009

and this is our future

My good friend Yaz sent an email to a group of us this morning, describing Sophie's experience with her very first presidential inauguration:
A little before 5:30 in the morning I wake up to Sophie squirming by my side. She was bright eyed and bushy tailed and wanting to get on with the day. Of course this was too early for me so I convinced her to lay in bed for another hour while I fruitlessly tried to go back to sleep. So around 6:30 I finally got out of bed got ready and then proceeded to get her ready for the day. She was so impatient! She even rushed through her breakfast. When we were done eating I turned on the tv to CNN and Sophie was GLUED to the screen. I had forgotten that I made a big deal about today with her, which she apparently remembered. I was able to catch her concentration with some photos.


If only everyone in our country was this interested in politics...

This morning I also discovered the White House blog and immediately subscribed to it. Did W. have a blog for his government? Don't think so. Props to Obama and staff for finding a great way to reach out to the masses and the new generation.

1 comment:

Yazmena said...

OH who is that cutie!!!! She looks like a badass motha in the making.