...and I'm a Wicked addict. Two days later and I'm still so very sad when I realize that I can't drive for 30 minutes and catch a showing. Plus, I'm trying to latch onto every memory of that performance. Doubtless, someone recorded it but who knows if they will post it on youtube? Sigh. I need help. But it was so great to see every expression on their faces.
*** Spoiler warning for Wicked virgins ***
Despite the fact that I've seen Wicked so many times, I always manage to catch something new. That's the beauty of live theater. :) In the very first scene when Glinda comes down in the bubble, I don't know if it's because it was the last time Megan would be able to do that, but knowing that she had just witnessed Elphaba's "death", she looked like she was holding back tears. Every time one of the citizens mentioned Elphie, there was a grimace of pain at the reminder. It was heartbreaking to see. Thanks a lot, Megan. I was ready to cry right there. Good thing I don't cry easily (unlike a certain person who angry frowns).
Eden started mouthing reactions to almost everything. It was priceless when she started mimicking Galinda's toss-toss during What Is This Feeling but then she would pantomime "What?" and "Oh. My. God." after any airhead Galinda comment during those first numbers before they were friends. I caught myself laughing really loud when no one else was after getting a glimpse of Eden. So then I had to check myself. Oopsies. I've become an obnoxious laugher :(
*** End Wicked spoilers ***
There are some haters out there. I was watching a youtube video of one of Eden's Defying Gravity performances, and someone commented that Eden wouldn't make the top 5 Elphabas. Major gaspo! She was Idina's understudy! Five and a half years on and off as Elphaba! Eden is up there with Idina for me. As a Wicked fanatic, I lay claim that Eden is at least #2. Idina gets a dubious edge for originating the role. Her growth over the years is amazing. If you listen to Idina in the original Rent soundtrack compared to her recording in the Rent movie soundtrack, it's like that for me. I heart Eden.
For Eden's sake, I'm telling all those haters that they can suck it!
No comments:
Post a Comment