Friday, January 23, 2009

high definition is beautiful

My parents don't have cable television. They don't an HD DVD player or a Blu Ray player either. They do, however, have a 42" 1080p HD TV. And the over the air HD network channels are beautiful on this TV. I never realized how good it is, but heck, if you can live without FoodNetwork and ESPN, this quality is good enough to live with. (Too bad I love FoodNetwork, Bravo, ABC Family, Disney, and so many other cable channels.)

Now the only thing I have to get for my parents is a Blu Ray player or at least something that upconverts their Vietnamese variety shows on DVD. :)

On another note, it's raining pretty steadily right now and is forecasted to continue for the rest of the weekend. I love watching the rain FROM INSIDE. Driving and walking in the rain is a different story. There are some horrible drivers in Los Angeles, even worse when it rains. So please, to all you LA folk, stay safe and drive SLOWER in the rain! Pleeeease....

No comments: