My workday was more exciting than usual filled with cop cars, fire trucks, and ambulances. My co-workers and I spent our lunch time peering through the window, staring at the cops surrounding the neighborhood across the street. It was actually a pretty boring event. The majority of cops stood around while the rest scoured the houses and backyards for the bad guy. Or I'm assuming it was a bad guy. A couple hours later, they finally caught the man and shoved him in the back of a cop car. I found it more amusing how many of my co-workers crowded around the windows. A couple of them even plopped down to eat lunch and watch. You can see those slackers at the table:
Later that evening, Linda and I attended the Upright Cabaret at Mark's Restaurant in West Hollywood. The show featured Eden Espinosa and guest starred Tracie Thoms. Eden is the current Elphaba for Wicked LA. Tracie was Joanne on Rent, both the movie and the last cast on Broadway. Both gave amazing performances. Eden's set was comprised of songs that she grabbed from her iTunes, songs that had some significance to her including Sara Bareilles, Alanis Morissette, and Nelly Fertado. Of course, with Tracie there, they had to perform Take Me or Leave Me. It was a playful, energetic performance that made me wish I could watch it live. Of course, they did film Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway that featured these two in the cast. Now if only they would release it on DVD... According to Amazon, it'll be available on February 3rd. I hope that's true because it was a great show.
Oh, did I mention that I almost passed out during the middle of the show? I dressed too warm and the combination of beer, caffeine, and lack of water left me seeing stars. Luckily, Linda was ready with her bottle of water. I'll never make fun of her water bottle again. I will still blame her for the water filter dripping on empty after filling up her entire bottle :P
Tracie Thoms ended up sitting in the table right next to where we were standing. I was lucky enough to snag a picture with her. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment