Recently I cleaned out my old plastic dresser o' drawers, trading it in for a new, more permanent dresser from IKEA. Now, I admit that I'm a pack rat. The first 3 drawers were full of clothes as expected. The last drawer was packed with random items. Included in those items were a couple wallets that I retired from a loss of a button or the velcro wearing out. It was just the fastener that's really broken...the rest of the wallet still works! But once I saw these again, I steeled myself to actually toss them. I wasn't very thorough when I transferred from one wallet to the next so I checked all the pockets to make sure there weren't any credit cards or personal information stored in there. While doing this, I found a $20 bill! I forgot that in my past life (the previous 2-3 years), I was paranoid about the possibility of getting stranded without cash. So I'd always put a Jackson in my wallet for emergencies. Woo! Surprise money! It's almost as good as finding money when you're doing laundry. Except that this was much more unexpected which makes it more of a surprise! AND I found another $20 in another wallet. Happy day!
Maybe I should store $20 in my wallet for emergencies again...
1 comment:
Too bad your wallet doesn't automatically account for inflation.
Post a Comment